The Indonesian Students’ Association in Oxford or Perkumpulan Pelajar Indonesia Oxford (also known as PPI OXFORD) is organised by Indonesian students who are currently studying in Oxford. Its membership is open to anyone that are currently undertaking a long term study at one of the local schools/universities in the Oxfordshire. We are a non-profit organisation with a three-fold mission:
- to strengthen the relationship amongst Indonesian students in Oxford as well as to build stronger connection with other students in the UK,
- to promote Indonesian cultures, culinary heritage and tourism to the local community in Oxford,
- to inspire every student in Indonesia to keep pursuing their passion and dream
The president is elected through a yearly election usually held at the beginning of term time in October. The association is currently headed by Sandoko Kosen, a 2nd year DPhil student in the Oxford Department of Physics.
In addition to PPI Oxford, there are also two Indonesia societies in the University of Oxford and Oxford-Brookes University. Its membership is open to anyone including those from other nationalities with interest in Indonesia.
- OXONIS (Oxford University Indonesia Society): Link
- ISOB (Indonesia Society at Oxford Brookes University): Link
Although both societies are independently managed by the local committees, the overall activities are usually in line with each other. Members from each society work closely with each other as well.